General Liability Insurance
General Liability Insurance Information
Unfortunately for every business owner, the chances of getting sued have dramatically increased in the last decade. General Liability insurance can prevent a legal suit from turning into a financial disaster by providing financial protection in case your business is ever sued or held legally responsible for some injury or damage.
General Liability pays losses arising from real or alleged bodily injury, property damage, or personal injury on your business premises or arising from your operations.
A Good General Liability Policy Offers A Broad Range Of Protection
- Bodily Injury, including the cost of care, the loss of services, and the restitution for any death that results from injury
- Property Damage coverage for the physical damage to property of others or the loss of use of that property
- Products-Completed Operations provides liability protection (damages and legal expenses up to your policy's limit) if an injury ever resulted from something your company made or service your company provided
- Products Liability is a more specialized product liability insurance that protects your company against lawsuits from product-related injury or accidents
- Contractual Liability extends to any liability you may assume by entering into a variety of contracts
- Other coverage includes: Reasonable Use of Force; Borrowed Equipment; Liquor Liability; Non-Owned Vehicles (such as aircraft and watercraft); Fire, Lightning or Explosion Damage; Water Damage Liability Protection; Legal Defense Costs; Medical Payments; Personal Injury; Advertising Injury; and specialized liability protection for specific business types
- Marina Operators Legal Liability for damages to other people’s property in your care (fueling, slips, repair, storage customers)
- Watercraft Liability provides liability while your rental boats are operated by customers or while you/your employees are operating boats.
Unfortunately, some general liability policies are limited in coverage, and exclude important coverage. A marina insurance specialist is needed to make sure you are properly protected!
As a marina owner/operator, you could be at risk for lawsuits related to your:
· Boat slip rentals – including dock walkway hazards, dock electrical system, damage to your customer’s boat.
· Boat Fueling – damage to customer’s boats due to employee dispensing fuel in the wrong boat tank, employee igniting a fire
· Store operations – slip/falls due to uneven/cluttered/wet floor, customers getting sick from food/drink, injury/damage due to faulty products sold.
· Boat repair – damage to customer’s boat while in your care, faulty repair leading to ensuing damages, faulty repair leading to injury/death, slip/fall in repair shop.
· Boat rentals – slip/fall injury while on your premises, failure to provide contracted service, injury to customers or other 3rd party due to rental boat operation.
· Boat Sales – paperwork problems, slip/falls while on your premises, injury while loading/unloading boats, injury to customers or 3rd party due to demo drive of boat.
· Beer/Alcohol sales – selling to minors, selling to inebriated person.
· Dry Storage – slip/fall while on your premises, damage to customer’s boat.
· Lodging – many potential lawsuits including sickness due to mold, injury due to poor lighting, bad steps, faulty equipment to name a few.
It is critically important that a marina insurance specialist works with you to obtain the broadest possible insurance coverage to protect your business from these type of lawsuits.
We are ready to be your specialist! Please call toll-free 1-855-903-7170 or email Doug Timmons to discuss your insurance program.